After a hot summer, autumn can provide the perfect opportunity to attend to some annual maintenance to repair any damage caused by the heat and to prepare your home for the colder months ahead.
Here are some practical tips for Autumn.
1. Check the roof for cracked or loose tiles. Winter is not the best time to discover you may have a leak.
2. Clear out gutters of leaves and built up soil and moss to ensure they are in the best condition for the winter rain.
3. Trim back foliage and overhanging branches. One fallen tree limb in a storm can result in substantial damage to your home, or your neighbour’s home.
4. If you have a deck, autumn is the perfect time to re-seal or re-stain it to prevent damage caused by moisture seeping in over the winter months.
5. Finally, offset the shortening days by brightening your interiors with some strategically placed throw rugs and colorful cushions. A lamp placed in a corner will add some warm ambient light.
Until next week,
Nick Lord (Director)